Sweet Potato Pizza
This recipe was originally posted at the Emergency Essentials web site and we had some extra sweet tators and decided to give it a whirl. Tastey meal for sure.
6 Tbsp Olive Oil any brand will do but I like Extra Virgin olive Oil ( do your own Popeye imitation)
1 Cup onions Chopped (if you chop them under water it will cut down on the tears….Big baby)
2 portions Pizza Dough
2 Cups Sweet Potato Diced (we got these from Emergency Essentials and they need to be reconstituted and drained)
1 Tbsp of Rosemary, chopped you should have picked this fresh from your herb garden( if you can grow it)
2/3 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated.
Okay so now you have the ingredients and ahead full sail to the Preparation:
1. Arrange oven racks in the lower and upper third of the oven. Heat the oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook the onions till translucent and soft.
3. Roll out the dough on a well-floured surface to make two 8×16 inch rectangles or two 12 inch rounds and transfer to two ungreased baking sheets (or two 12 inch pizza pans.)
4. Layer the dough with the sweet potato slices, overlapping them slightly and forming three rows (or in a circular pattern if making round pizzas). Top the potato dices with onions and rosemary. Drizzle the pizza with the remaining olive oil and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Bake pizzas 15 to 18 minutes,or until the edges of the pies are crisp and lightly browned and the sweet potatoes are soft. Top with Parmesan and return to oven 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese melts.