Chicken Pot Stickers
This quick and easy version of a restaurant favorite is a perfect appetizer or main course.
Healthy Recipe: Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Apple Skillet
This delicious meal combines the sweet and hearty flavors of fall.
Chicken Tikka Kabobs with Coconut “Cream”
Yogurt forms the base of this flavorful sauce studded with coconut.
To save calories, look for unsweetened coconut flakes in the natural section of your supermarket or at health-food stores.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min
Total: 1 hr 5 min
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
5 tablespoons lime juice, divided
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 (1-inch) cubes
1 cup fat-free plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 small cucumber, peeled and shredded
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon honey
1 pound broccoli florets, separated into 24 large florets
2 medium red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
1. Coat a grill rack or broiler pan with organic cooking spray. Preheat the grill or broiler.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oil, garam masala, turmeric, pepper, and 4 tablespoons of the lime juice. Add the chicken, tossing to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, coconut, cucumber, mint, salt, honey, and remaining lime juice. Cover and refrigerate.
4. Steam the broccoli for 2 minutes or until bright green. Thread the marinated chicken cubes on eight 12-inch metal or presoaked bamboo skewers, alternating with onion wedges and broccoli florets.
5. Grill or broil 6″ from the heat for 8 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and the chicken is no longer pink.
6. Serve with the yogurt mixture.
Nutritional Facts per serving
Calories 330 cal
Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2.7 g
Cholesterol 99.9 mg
Sodium 325.6 mg
Carbohydrates 20.5 g
Total Sugars 6.9 g
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
Protein 46.4 g
For more great recipes, check out the Rodale Healthy Recipe Finder.