We didnt know what a weck roll was but this recipe was sent in by an secret admirer of the Pirate Crew so we whipped out this recipe and since it came from an unknown source we had the jounior mates try it first. they wern’t visiting Davey Jones so we were going to try it but it was all gone.
The next batch was all ours an dwith fattened bellies we give this one 4 out of 5 cutlass’s (it would have recieved 5 but it did not have rum or beer in the mix so 4 it is and you’ll be happy with that!
- 3 cups prepared au jus sauce
- 2 pounds thinly sliced roast beef
- 6 Kaiser rolls, split
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Warm the au jus sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the roast beef and let it warm up at the same time. While the meat is soaking, place the rolls on a baking sheet with the cut side down. Brush the tops lightly with water and sprinkle with salt and caraway seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until rolls are toasted, about 10 minutes. Serve the sliced beef on the rolls with the au jus and horseradish on the side.