Spiced Black Bean, Grilled Avocado,
and Goat Cheese Tacos
Author: Erin Alderson
Recipe type: Vegetarian Main Course
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- ½ tablespoon cumin seeds
- pinch dried pepper flakes
- ½ cup black beans, with liquids
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- juice and zest from ½ lime
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- 4 corn or flour tortillas*
- Preheat Grill
- In a dry skillet over medium-low heat, toast the coriander and cumin seeds for 2-3 minutes. Seeds should be fragrant and beginning to brown. Place in a pestle with dried pepper flakes and crush until spices are ground.
- Return spices to the skillet and add ½ cup of black beans and liquids. Heat over medium low and let cook until liquids have cooked out, anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Taste and adjust pepper if needed.
- Take avocado and slice in half. Brush with the one teaspoon of olive oil and place cut side down on grill. Let cook until lightly charred. Remove and carefully slice avocado out of skin.
- To assemble tacos, place ¼ of the black bean mixture in the center of the tortilla, layer avocado and goat cheese on top. Finally, whisk together juice and zest from half a lime along with honey. Lightly drizzle over taco filling.